What matters for kids in 2024: School finance, youth mental health, health coverage, and more
Colorado’s 2024 legislative session begins this week! We are excited to share the Colorado Children’s Campaign’s 2024 Policy Priorities. This year, our team is focused on four areas where we know we can make a difference: Child and family health; early childhood; youth success; and family economic prosperity.
The session is short—it will be over by mid-May—but the decisions our policymakers make in the months ahead can shape kids’ and families’ well-being for years to come. The Colorado Children’s Campaign policy team advocates for evidence-based, equity-informed policies that help make our state a place where children can thrive.
- Advocating for the equitable implementation of significant health coverage policies that have passed in recent years;
- Supporting efforts to collect data to help us understand which Coloradans are affected by evictions;
- Advocating for support of out-of-school programming;
- Increasing access to mental health professionals in schools; and
- Advocating for additional investments to support our child care system and workforce.
Get involved: Our policy team is excited to work together with our community to advance policies that ensure every chance for every child.