Act now to help boost Colorado’s vaccination rate
More than half a million students in Colorado attend schools where vaccination rates are so low they don’t have full protection from vaccine-preventable childhood illnesses. That’s three out of five students who are unprotected in their schools. Colorado must boost its lowest-in-the-nation vaccination rates for kindergarteners to ensure all kids are safe.
This week, Gov. Jared Polis expressed his support for a proposed policy change that will aim to improve Colorado’s low vaccination rates. This is big.
We want to show Gov. Polis that we are grateful to him for supporting this important policy solution and aligning with the vast majority of Coloradans who support vaccination. We need your help to say thank you to Gov. Polis for supporting this common-sense policy change that will improve vaccination rates and support public health.
The soon-to-be-introduced Colorado Healthy Communities Act, will help keep our schools and communities safe and will protect kids who cannot be vaccinated because they are too young or have serious health conditions.
This Senate bill will do three important things:
- It helps make our schools and child care facilities safer and healthier by setting a 95 percent vaccination goal and providing support to help groups meet that goal.
- It strengthens Colorado’s lax exemption policies and helps parents make informed decisions about vaccination by requiring parents who take the exemption to consult a health care provider or complete a state-issued online vaccine education course.
- It helps ensure we have accurate data about immunizations should it be needed in the case of an outbreak.
Please let Gov. Polis know that the majority of Coloradans support vaccinations and share your appreciation his support of safer schools and healthier communities.
Click Here to Take Action
Stay involved throughout this legislative session in support of the Colorado Healthy Communities Act:
- Tell your story! Share why you support strong vaccination policy in media interviews, through testimony at committee hearings or on social media.
- Visit ColoradoVaccinates.com for important updates and access to policy resources.
- Contact your Colorado state legislators directly and look out for future action alerts.
- Look up your Senate or House District’s vaccination rates.