Executive Assistant/Office Manager
President & CEO
The Executive Assistant/Office Manager provides administrative support to the President, and day-to-day operational support for the organization. The person in this position coordinates office operations and administrative responsibilities to promote organizational efficiency and advance the mission of the Colorado Children’s Campaign. This person reports to the President.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
- Commitment to the mission and work of the Colorado Children’s Campaign;
- Commitment to supporting a culture of continuous improvement;
- BA/BS preferred but not required; equivalent work experience considered;
- At least two years of experience in administrative office management and executive support;
- Flexible, reliable, energetic, and able to work as a member of a larger team
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter where you heard about this position. We review applications on a rolling basis – so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible. The Colorado Children’s Campaign encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Our StoryThe Colorado Children’s Campaign is a nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization committed since 1985 to realizing every chance for every child in Colorado. We advocate for the development and implementation of data-driven public policies that improve child well-being in health, K-12 education and early childhood. We do this by providing Coloradans with trusted data and research on child well-being and organizing an extensive statewide network of dedicated child advocates.
As the leading voice for Colorado’s children at the State Capitol and in communities across the state, the Children’s Campaign has been at the forefront of hundreds of policy wins for kids. Among the numerous laws and programs we’ve helped establish are the Colorado Preschool Program, Child Health Plan Plus, and the Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act. The Children’s Campaign is committed to integrating values of diversity, equity and inclusion into daily work with intention, action and humility in order to advance racial and economic equity within our organization, our networks and partnerships.
- Serve as the host for The Children’s Campaign’s office visitors and maintaining the office in a professional and orderly appearance
- Oversee all administrative and facilities functions including maintaining office supplies and equipment, coordinating contract IT support, serving as liaison for building maintenance, processing mail, and other support
- Provide ongoing support to the President including scheduling, coordinating meetings and other duties as assigned
- Coordinate Board of Directors meetings, activities and communication including: maintaining accurate Board member contact information, preparing for board meetings, sending meeting reminders, assembling coordinating documents for meetings and creating board packets, keeping accurate calendars and meeting minutes
- Collaborate with the Finance Director to maintain internal controls including cash deposits, electronic funds transfer and back-up for payroll processing.
- Direct and coordinate consistent and streamlined recruiting and hiring processes in collaboration with internal hiring committees
- Coordinate and support employee performance planning and evaluation
- Other duties to advance the mission of the Colorado Children’s Campaign, as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures; Ability to work with colleagues in an inclusive manner that demonstrates openness to differing perspectives and experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance and prioritize tasks effectively with an attention detail
- Strong technological skills in Google services (Gmail, google drive etc.), Office Suite (word, excel etc.), and cloud management (in collaboration with IT vendor);
- Strong project management skills and ability to create and implement plans to meet deadlines.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full-time position. The salary for this position is $48,000 to $53,000 based on experience and includes a strong benefits package including a 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, health insurance, paid time off and paid family leave.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado Children’s Campaign is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. The Children’s Campaign strives to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. The Children’s Campaign prohibits discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.