Colorado Children’s Campaign is seeking an Events Intern to assist the Policy, Development and Advocacy teams with community, legislative and fundraising events and meeting coordination. Activities will focus on event conceptualization, design, budget tracking, venue and vendor research, logistics, volunteer coordination, RSVP management, event-day coordination assistance, and post-event record keeping.
Work Schedule: Minimum 15 hours per week. Summer and Fall 2019. Flexible.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest in events management, event design and non-profit events coordination, and meeting planning. She or he is detail orientated, great at multi-tasking, and organized.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and summer schedule availability by Friday, April 15, to Angelique Smith at to email@example.com. Please include “Events Intern” in the subject line.
Our StoryThe Colorado Children’s Campaign is a nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization committed since 1985 to realizing every chance for every child in Colorado. We advocate for the development and implementation of data-driven public policies that improve child well-being in health, K-12 education, and early childhood. We do this by providing Coloradans with trusted data and research on child well-being and organizing an extensive statewide network of dedicated child advocates.
As the leading voice for Colorado’s children at the State Capitol and in communities across the state, the Children’s Campaign has been at the forefront of hundreds of policy wins for kids. Among the numerous laws and programs we’ve helped establish are the Colorado Preschool Program, Child Health Plan Plus, and the Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act. The Children’s Campaign is committed to integrating values of diversity, equity and inclusion into daily work with intention, action and humility in order to advance racial and economic equity within our organization, our networks and partnerships.
- Attend and support Advocacy, Policy and Development teams with event planning meetings.
- Maintain and cultivate vendor and venue relationships. Create a preferred vendor system to be shared throughout the organization.
- Assist in creating and managing events budgets, timelines and task lists and event-day staffing assignments.
- Create standard events manual and forms for organizational use.
- Assist in event design.
- Support Strategic Events Coordinator and Program Leads in managing the event day.
- Support post-event record keeping, filing, archiving.
- Maintain order and organization of events storage spaces and materials.
- Learn from experts in the field of strategic events in a supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Strong inter-personal and written communication skills.
- Superior guest service skills.
- Ability to manage short-term and long-term deadlines and work independently.
- Strong organizational mindset.
- Ability to lift and carry 15lbs.
- Motivated to provide positive event and meeting experiences.
Compensation and Benefits
- Not a paid position; organization will cover event related travel costs for intern
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado Children’s Campaign is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. The Children’s Campaign strives to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. The Children’s Campaign prohibits discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.