Colorado Children’s Campaign is seeking a part-time Communications Intern to assist the Communications Department and take the lead on special projects. Activities will focus on digital content generation and implementation.
Work Schedule: Roughly 15 hours per week. Summer 2019. Flexible.
The ideal candidate for this position has a strong interest advocacy and communications.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and summer schedule availability by Friday, April 15, to Beza Taddess at to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Our StoryThe Colorado Children’s Campaign is a nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy organization committed since 1985 to realizing every chance for every child in Colorado. We advocate for the development and implementation of data-driven public policies that improve child well-being in health, K-12 education, and early childhood. We do this by providing Coloradans with trusted data and research on child well-being and organizing an extensive statewide network of dedicated child advocates.
As the leading voice for Colorado’s children at the State Capitol and in communities across the state, the Children’s Campaign has been at the forefront of hundreds of policy wins for kids. Among the numerous laws and programs we’ve helped establish are the Colorado Preschool Program, Child Health Plan Plus, and the Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act. The Children’s Campaign is committed to integrating values of diversity, equity and inclusion into daily work with intention, action and humility in order to advance racial and economic equity within our organization, our networks and partnerships.
- Write promotional materials for Colorado Children’s Campaign’s podcast, The West Steps.
- Write KidsFlash blog posts driving readers to take action.
- Establish a system for managing, tracking, and accessing the organization’s body of photos
- Capture video footage at organizational events.
- Capture and produce videos for Colorado Children’s Campaign’s YouTube channel (equipment provided).
- Assist the communications team with the management of social media.
- Learn from experts in the field of advocacy communications in a supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Superior communication skills, including demonstrable expertise in writing.
- Ability to manage short-term and long-term deadlines and work independently.
- Strong organizational mindset.
- Graphic design and/or social media experience is desirable.
Compensation and Benefits
- Not a paid position
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Colorado Children’s Campaign is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. The Children’s Campaign strives to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences, and perspectives. The Children’s Campaign prohibits discrimination of employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.