Job Announcement: Communications Director
Develops and implements the communications strategy for the Colorado Children’s Campaign, the state’s leading nonprofit, nonpartisan research and advocacy organization working to promote child health, K-12 education and early childhood development and learning. This person will work closely with the Policy, Research and Development teams and reports to the President and CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s Strategic Communications Plan
• Responsible for conceptualizing and creating communications tools including but not limited to news releases, speeches, website content, electronic newsletters, social media, blogs, and the organization’s annual report.
• Manage the communications and outreach team, including supervision of the team working to expand and enhance the organization’s grassroots advocacy networks.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media outlets and contacts and serve as initial point of contact for media inquiries.
• Manage organization’s online and social media presence including organization’s website and Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Maintain media lists, advocacy network database, and communications tracking and measurement tools.
• Manage organization’s brand and style development and care and ensures consistent external communications.
• Work closely with Policy and Research Teams, helping edit and distribute policy briefs and reports.
Qualifications and Job Requirements
• B.A. and five years experience in a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Spanish fluency preferred
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively and experience working in team environments
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and advance multiple projects
• Self-motivated and organized
• Knowledge or experience in children’s policy issues preferred
• Flexible, innovative, energetic, and able to work as a member of a larger team
• Commitment to the mission and work of the Colorado Children’s Campaign
Compensation for this position will be competitive based on experience, and includes benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2012.
For more information about the Colorado Children’s Campaign, please visit www.coloradokids.org.
The Colorado Children’s Campaign is an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity. The Children’s Campaign strives to be an inclusive organization, and as such takes affirmative action to insure that discrimination does not occur against an employee or application on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual identity, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability or any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.